Productivity for Business
One of Ireland‘s top magicians - corkmagician.ie
Gerard Kearney is one of Ireland’s top magicians. He set up his website to help with the influx of bookings he gets for events all over the country. Here, he unlocks the secrets of productivity and how it leads to business success.
Being productive in business
Nowadays, productivity in business is best demostrated by how most people use smartphones. There are hundreds of mobile applications (apps) out there to help make the business day easier and your business run more efficiently.
Stepping up a gear
Stepping up a gear
- Now you can stay connected to your customers easier than ever before via the internet for e-mail and web access ‘on the move’.
- Connect to your computer network to access relevant data, no matter where you are, and use social networks like Facebook. LinkedIn and Twitter to directly communicate with your customers and clients and review and respond in real time to all the complaints, problems or needs that they associate with your business.
- Facebook for instance allows for businesses to tell their own stories, describe their products and services, engage and communicate with their customers, ask questions and get answers and respond to comments and queries. Social media has changed the way we communicate in business.
Staying on top
Documents on the go
- Cloud computing has changed the way we do business. Dropbox, MS Skydrive and Google Drive allow us to keep all our important documents, images and files in locations easily accessed from any computer, phone or mobile device using the internet. Instead of emailing documents to multiple people we can collaborate on office documents in the cloud using Google Docs.
- Invoicing and accounts have now moved into the cloud. The simple ability to photograph a receipt using a mobile phone and input details directly into accounts packages, not only saves time but also saves money. (e.g. Yendo, Xero, Freshbooks and Sage One)
- Mobile payments – Smartphones also give you quick access to your banks, allowing you to make immediate payments in a few quick clicks and there are different Apps available for making online payment through your mobile devices.
- Office 365 from Microsoft allows the user to create, store and edit office documents online from their computer or mobile device.