Pinterest for Business
What is Pinterest?
Pinterest operates the same way a traditional pinboard works but is simply in online format. People can create and manage “Boards” that are a collection of photos/images/videos that you like. Generally they are theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies etc. Users can browse other pinboards for inspiration, ‘re-pin’ images to their own pinboards, or ‘like’ photos.
What is a pin?
A pin is an image or video you add to Pinterest. You can add a pin from a website or upload an image from your phone/computer.
What is a board?
A board is where you organize your pins by topic. You could pin ideas for redecorating your home, inspiration for DIY, inspirational quotations or arts and crafts ideas. Boards can be private or public.
When you follow someone, their pins show up in your Pinterest home feed. You can follow all of someone’s boards or just the ones you like best.
Why use Pinterest for my business?
- Create fresh social media content
- Attract new customers
- Show current customers new images relevant to the business
- Drive traffic between web and social media increasing SEO (search engine optimisation)
- Establish leadership in a certain topic area–i.e.expertise in DIY
How to use Pinterest for my business?
- Use Pinterest to create content for your social media efforts
- Share your own Pinterest information on social media channels
- Place the Pinterest tool in your marketing material (e.g. Facebook tab, website link etc)
What are the top tips for using Pinterest?
- Fabulous visuals – Pinterest is a visual platform so pin images that will catch peoples eyes and interest
- Search terms – Pinterest search tool is basic so remember to attach simple keywords / phrases to your images so that they can be easily found
- Naming boards – when you save your images and categorise them on your boards title these boards with interesting and fun names that people will be attracted to and want to look at
- Highlight original content: Find ways to highlight original content to differentiate between shared and original items
- Be active – the way to be active on Pinterest is to Pin, Repin, Like and Comment on other peoples posts!