Facebook for Business
Founder of handcrafthurleys.com
Founder of handcrafthurleys.com, Daithi O’Regan knows how to run a successful online business and gives us his tips on how Facebook can help deliver success.
Setting up on Facebook
Why you should choose Facebook and not ignore it
- There are 2,300,00 people with Facebook accounts in Ireland – nearly 50% of the entire population and growing.
- If you are not utilizing Facebook for business, you are missing out on the opportunity to engage with half the population.
- 53% Female /47% Male.
- Largest age group 25 – 34 years.
How to set up a Facebook Business page
To setup a business page you must have a personal profile. Check out this video on how to set up your profile.
Log in with your personal profile and visit www.facebook.com/pages/create.php
This short video explains how to set up a Facebook Business page
Growing your business on Facebook
How to promote your business and engage customers:
- Be interesting, interactive and helpful. When visitors come to your Facebook page, they are looking for engagement and questions answered so don’t disappoint.
- Use video, audio and photos on your page. Mobile phones have made content generation extremely easy. Use this content to promote your brand and engage your audience. Embed Youtube or Vimeo content onto your page.
- Create a community, create events and share information – not just about your business. Run competitions to engage and encourage participation from your fans and generate new followers and enlarge your audience.
- Introduce new products or services on Facebook first. People who sign up to be fans of your Facebook page are likely to be your most loyal customers. Reward them by giving them information about a new product/service/feature before everyone else. If you do it right, they will help you promote it to others.
How to measure success on Facebook:
- Page Insights monitor activity on your Facebook page. They tell you what your fans are doing on your Timeline or with your messages in their News Feed. You can see their online activity, such as page views, likes, comments and wall posts, along with some basic demographic information.
- Interactions are the direct interactions that people have with your page. You will be able to see the number of impressions that have been made for each message and the amount of feedback that each one received.
- To see your Insights, log into your Facebook Profile account and go to http://www.facebook.com/insights/